Traveling the whole world would definitely be fun, but don’t take for granted those small adventures that are right in front of you! If you are in the Midwest and craving a road trip, Highway 36 is the place you want to be!
This year’s theme for the Highway 36 Quilt Trail is “Churches Around the World.” The cross country highway is filled with amazing places, but the 195 miles of Missouri is all you need to satisfy your creative spark, need for adventure, historical curiosity, and love for inspiring church architecture!
Our Quilt Trail block features the Hamilton Federated Church just right across the street from our shops! Read about our church’s neat history and get inspired to build the church yourself using fabric!
From St. Joseph to Hannibal, there are 15 quilt shops ready to hand you a free pattern for the block they designed featuring their local church. The shops will also offer kits of the block to make things quick and easy for you! So between April 1 and October 1, 2019, stop in at these shops and create one of our most beautiful Quilt Trail projects yet:
1. Hickory Stick, Hannibal MO
2.Bits and Pieces, Hannibal MO
3. Midwest Quilt Company, Shelbina MO
4. Stitch and Clip, Lentner MO
5. Sew Creative, Salisbury MO
6. Rosies Quilting, Marceline MO
7. The Quilt Shoppe, Wheeling MO
8. Cuts and Bolts, Chillicothe MO
9. Missouri Star Quilt Co, Hamilton MO
10. Shearwood Fabrics, Jamesport MO
11. By The Yard, Rayville MO
12. Sisters Fabric Farm, Lathrop MO
13. Quilting Farmstead, Lathrop MO
14. Top Stitch Quilting, Helena MO
15. Glenda’s Sewing Cupboard, St. Joseph MO
This year, we are celebrating our 5th Anniversary of the quilt trail so as a bonus, we have added a memorabilia charm to be given to the first 250 people who turn in their passports this year!
So grab a friend, hop in the car and discover the genius of Missouri Highway 36.