September was Missouri Star Quilt Co.’s Birthday Month and we were thrilled to be able to celebrate 8 years as a company. It wouldn’t be possible without all of our amazing fans like yourself. Thank you for all the support! You deserve to celebrate your quilty awesomeness with your very own quilting party and we’ve got all the free printables you’ll need to throw one! Click HERE to download these fun Quilty Party Games and don’t forget the printables from part one of this post HERE.
You can donate the quilt tops from these fun games to your favorite charity! See a list of charities that we’ve compiled HERE. Happy quilting!
Once you catch the quilting bug, you just can’t stop sewing! Soon, every bed in your home is dressed to the nines. Then you start gifting quilts to family and friends. And when all your loved ones have received as many quilts as they can handle, do you stop there? Of course not! You start looking for strangers in need of a beautiful, cozy quilt. After all, there’s just nothing that compares to the comfort of a handmade quilt that has been pieced with love.
Looking for a place to donate your quilts? Here are a few ideas:
Give Quilts to Veterans/Active Military
- Quilts of Valor // Donate a quilt or even donate your longarm quilting services. You can even choose a specific person to give your QOV to if you like. Just make sure to check on size requirements before you start! (Ideal size: 60”x80”) Review their guidelines HERE.
- Quilts of Honor // This organization was created to “honor members of our active military and veterans by showing them how much we appreciate their sacrifice and service with our “Quilted Hugs of Gratitude.” You can contribute by donating finished quilts, fabric and other quilting supplies, or donate monetarily.
Give Quilts to Children in Need
- Project Linus // Donate blankets (not just quilts) to children in need… there are chapters in all 50 states. You can donate $$ online, but if you want to donate finished blankets and quilts, you can contact your nearest Project Linus Chapter HERE.
- Snuggled in Hope Quilts // This is a group that provides quilts to Flying Horse Farms Camp for kids with serious illness and they provide a quilt to each member of the camp each summer… over 400 quilts each summer. Donate finished quilts (ideal size 55×65”), complete quilt tops, fabric, other supplies. Find their Wish List HERE.
- Wrap Them in Love // Accept donated quilts, fabric, batting, or other quilting supplies, so if you don’t have time to make a quilt, but want to share your stash, this is a good one for you. Find the details on how you can help HERE.
- Quilts for Kids // Quilts are given to children who suffer from abuse or life-threatening illnesses. Send in a complete quilt (ideal size: Approximately 38″- 40″ x 45″- 46″) or request a kit to donate your time (you supply love, time, binding, batting and thread): https://www.quiltsforkids.org/shop.htm Can also donate monetarily.
A quilt is a special gift, one that can spread comfort to those in need. We encourage you to take a look around your own community. Who needs a quilt? Homeless shelters, women’s shelters, and hospitals are always a great place to start. Leave a comment and let us know where you like to donate your quilts. Happy quilting for a cause!