On New Year’s Eve, we had a Mystery Quilt Extravaganza at the Sewing Center and we had a blast! Each participant was provided with fabric cutting instructions and given two clues before they arrived.
Here are the blocks they created! So fun!
Anita Merriman Gibson shared her finished quilt with us. Great job, Anita! Thanks for sharing with us!
We have some really exciting events coming up at the retreat! Here’s a little preview of what’s to come in the next couple of months and you can check out all the details on our Events Page!
- January 23 – January 25: Sew When It Snows Retreat with Jenny Doan
- Join us for a wintertime quilting and sewing retreat! Brave the elements — bring your winter gear, your fancy long john’s and your Union suit. Bring your favorite warm quilt, too!! You may need it! Activities include: Time for shopping, Jenny will lead us in uncovering the Mystery of the Melting Snowman quilt and roasting hot dogs and s’mores out by the firepit.
- February 12 – February 15: Chocolate Lovers Quilting Weekend with Jenny Doan
- What could be better than chocolate and quilting together for an entire weekend? Join us for a S-W-E-E-T Valentine’s Day quilting and sewing retreat. Bring your favorite chocolate treats, recipes and your sweet tooth! We’re going to eat lots of chocolate goodies, have a fun Willy Wonka-like surprise and sew ’til we drop!
- March 12 – March 15: MSQC Quilters Spa Retreat with Jenny Doan
- Relax, unwind and get your ZEN on! Join us for our FIRST EVER quilters spa retreat, just what you’ve been dreaming of! We’ll have a mystery quilt event with Jenny and a trunk show. We’ll have open sew and a few optional activities with MSQC staff. Sign up for a luxurious facial, mani/pedi or massage! Wear your PJ’s and sew your stress away!