What’s better than Flying Geese and Pinwheels? When you put them together like puzzle pieces and create a brand new design! You’re going to love this new tutorial, called the Dutchman’s Puzzle!
We were delighted to have U.S. Congressman Sam Graves of Missouri visit Hamilton last week! He got a tour of the town and visited with Jenny and Sarah, Jenny’s Daughter. Sarah gave him a tour of our shops and they were presented with a U.S. House of Representatives Proclamation, recognizing their Small Business Persons of the Year Award from the SBA earlier this year, which sent them to the White House!
We were so glad to have Congressman Graves here in our little town and hope he loves Hamilton as much as we do!
On New Year’s Eve, we had a Mystery Quilt Extravaganza at the Sewing Center and we had a blast! Each participant was provided with fabric cutting instructions and given two clues before they arrived.
Here are the blocks they created! So fun!
Anita Merriman Gibson shared her finished quilt with us. Great job, Anita! Thanks for sharing with us!
We have some really exciting events coming up at the retreat! Here’s a little preview of what’s to come in the next couple of months and you can check out all the details on our Events Page!
- January 23 – January 25: Sew When It Snows Retreat with Jenny Doan
- Join us for a wintertime quilting and sewing retreat! Brave the elements — bring your winter gear, your fancy long john’s and your Union suit. Bring your favorite warm quilt, too!! You may need it! Activities include: Time for shopping, Jenny will lead us in uncovering the Mystery of the Melting Snowman quilt and roasting hot dogs and s’mores out by the firepit.
- February 12 – February 15: Chocolate Lovers Quilting Weekend with Jenny Doan
- What could be better than chocolate and quilting together for an entire weekend? Join us for a S-W-E-E-T Valentine’s Day quilting and sewing retreat. Bring your favorite chocolate treats, recipes and your sweet tooth! We’re going to eat lots of chocolate goodies, have a fun Willy Wonka-like surprise and sew ’til we drop!
- March 12 – March 15: MSQC Quilters Spa Retreat with Jenny Doan
- Relax, unwind and get your ZEN on! Join us for our FIRST EVER quilters spa retreat, just what you’ve been dreaming of! We’ll have a mystery quilt event with Jenny and a trunk show. We’ll have open sew and a few optional activities with MSQC staff. Sign up for a luxurious facial, mani/pedi or massage! Wear your PJ’s and sew your stress away!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s already Thanksgiving week! There’s just something about knowing I get to eat mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie that makes me so excited! Of course, it’s also time for family, friends and remembering all the MANY things we should be grateful for in our lives… like fabric, people who give me fabric, people who understand my love for fabric, sales on fabric… and chocolate! What are you grateful for this year?
From all of us to all of you, Happy Thanksgiving!
While I’m sure you love Thanksgiving as much as we do, you may be wondering what will be happening for the rest of the week, so here’s a quick overview!
On Black Friday we’re giving away a FREE, GUARANTEED (that means it won’t sell out!) CHARM PACK! On top of that we’re offering DOUBLE QUILTER’S CASH, 60 Sale Items and MORE!
We’re so excited about the next couple of weeks! Not only is there going to be an amazing Black Friday Sale, but Cyber Monday will kick off something pretty amazing that we like to call 12 Days of Christmas! Each day, we’ll have some amazing deals and even bonus gifts!
The festivities will begin on Friday at 12AM CST, so be on the lookout! Happy Thanksgiving!
Our Precut Tuesday today features The Color Collection from Modern Quilt Studio for Andover Fabrics. This line features excellent blenders in a rich array of colors, suitable for any style of quilt!